Wednesday 21 March 2018

Words are never Enough


You say the words that feel so right that sometimes I want to believe it. I want to believe that there is 'love', unconditional, in its purest forms. But then I remember that we all are selfish beings, that love is a myth created by the mind and heart is stupid enough to believe in it.

You look at me, with those beautiful eyes of yours, as if magic is real. And for once I want to believe that I'm magic. But then I remember that all I'm is a mess, that no matter how much I want this magical feeling to last, it will end.

I know you will say that love isn't supposed to be easy; you always say the right words.
But no matter how much I'm addicted to the written word, no matter how badly I want to believe every word you say, it won't be enough. Words are never enough.

It will be the 'maybes' that will turn our 'forever' into 'almost'. I know you think you love me and 'maybe' you do, because when you write, you paint a picture of me so beautiful that I want to give in and forget the maybe.

But I can't... Because even though you say that I have a heart of diamond what you forget is that diamond is after all a stone; unable to feel and unable to believe.

So darling, don't look at the stars and tell me that they shine for me; don't tell me that I'm perfect just the way I'm; and don't try to fix me, not with your words. Because words were never enough and will never be enough.

© PK

No comments:

Post a Comment