Thursday 29 March 2018

All in Vain



Oh my dear stars I missed you..
From behind these bars I called you...


You didn't hear my screams when the night came over the day...
Calling you to make the pain go away...


Couldn't you see my tears...
Couldn't you feel my fears...


There was a time you gave me hope...
Now it all seems like a joke...


Maybe your betrayal taught me to love the dark...
Or maybe I realized that it was the night that held the spark...


Your shine now hurts my eyes...
Sometimes I can't decide it's you or the fireflies...


I'm not sure if I am in a cage or I just feel like a prisoner...
Because my screams have died but the ache still lingers...


The dark is all I have, the only shelter from the pain...
Oh my dear stars I missed you, but all in vain...


No comments:

Post a Comment