Tuesday 20 March 2018

I Stand by Her


I believed that the Moon is watching me, protecting me...
I believed that no matter what, it will be okay, that one day I'll be free...
I believed that the wind carries my whispered prayers...
I believed that even though this place seems wrong, there will be something good beneath the layers...

But that night I learnt that all this was a facade, that hoping was a mistake,
That night the moon hid itself leaving everything dark in its wake,
That night the wind refused to carry my shouts for help,
That night they found me alone and somehow I couldn't run fast enough or hide myself...

But they did not kill me, you know...
I was lying there for a long time but I was still not dead, NO...
What they did to me was horrible but they did not take my life...
But you nearly killed me the day you thought I lied, you twisted that knife slowly by refusing to be by my side...

It wasn't their assaults on my body that left me scarred...
It was you that left me wounded and marred...
All that kept me alive during that time was the hope that you would be there to support me...
But I died a thousand deaths when I saw doubt in your eyes and that love was nowhere to be seen...

So today though I'm alone and now that you know the truth,
I refuse to crawl back to you and prove that I am a fool...
Maybe you managed to almost kill me but somehow I still have some strength left...
Maybe the scars you left are deep but unlike you I haven't lost my depth...

So I decide to stand by someone this society refuses to trust..
I decide to not question how short her dress was or was it a result of her own lust...
I won't blame the time or the fact that she was alone...
I will be there for her and unlike me she won't be on her own.

© PK

No comments:

Post a Comment