Tuesday 20 March 2018

Just This Once

He looked out the window, to wish upon a star;
When she was searching for the moon, to comfort her soul and heal her scars...
He wished to see her smile;
While she was waiting for her tears to dry...

One day when she was sitting by herself;
He sat across her and asked, "What captures your interest? On what do you dwell?"
She looked up from the book she was reading;
With a polite smile she replied, "None of your concern! Why don't you keep on moving?"

Her voice was sweet and the pitch low;
Though the message was loud and clear, she wanted to be left alone...
Still he made no move to leave and held her gaze;
He could see the facade breaking and a smile spread across his handsome face...

'He is just passing time, he doesn't really care', she kept repeating it like a mantra in her head;
But her heart continued to disagree and told her 'no one passes time for months on end'
Her trust had been broken often enough to teach her to keep her distance;
Yet his concern for her seemed to touch her, making her give up on resistance...

He dared to hold her hand that was resting on the table;
He said "Doubt as you might but my feelings for you are real..."
She replied crisply "Real it may seem but it's just a phase"
His grip tightened and his eyes held an emotion that seemed like a maze...

He looked into her beautiful brown eyes and said,
"I won't say that I loved you from the day we met."
"Rather it grew on me slowly and steadily;
You say it will pass but I loved you each day more deeply..."

"I love it when you smile;
I love you for the tears you hide...
I love it when you refuse to break or even bend;
I love you for your strength..."

"I love the fact that your eyes hide nothing;
I love it when you're angry and when you're laughing...
It is 'you' I love, these are the feelings you can't erase;
So don't you tell me, my feelings for you are just a phase..."

She tried to look away but his confession captivated her;
The pieces of her broken trust and heart seemed to stick themselves together...
She still couldn't believe he could love her;
But the way he looked at her made everything clear...

For a really long time she had held her guard;
But now the walls seemed like a cage that held her heart...
She set it free and smiled at him, the smile he was in love with;
And said "I thought I could live without you; that I could resist..."

"But I have lost my heart to you and can't fool myself any longer;
I love you my darling, let's have our own forever..."

© PK

Also available at:
https://www.facebook.com/thestorytellers95/posts/894746914020194


No comments:

Post a Comment