Tuesday 20 March 2018

Maybe

Maybe you would understand,
Maybe you won't...
Why I keep getting lost wide awake?
Why even when I sit just across you, my mind is far away...

Maybe I think of you,
Maybe I don't...
But you sit there without complaining,
Even when you know that I'm barely listening...

Now I'm at home,
Thinking of what kept you from leaving?
Was it hope?
That I'll return to you in the end?
Or was it love?
Strong enough to make you stay even if just as a friend?

I confess, I knew you loved me all along...
And I loved you too...
But I loved you too much to let my darkness cloud you...

I loved that smile of yours which brightens every time I smile...
But I knew there were times when you cried...
Those tears were because of me...
And I loved you too much to let it be...

That is why, today, while you yet again sit there without complaining,
While I went off with my thoughts sailing...
I come back to let you know,
That I love you enough to let you go...

Maybe you would understand it,
Maybe you won't...
But I know you would move on...
And fall in love with someone who deserves you and doesn't make you feel torn...

And I?
I will sit right here getting lost in my thoughts, only known by few...
And this time maybe I would think of you...

© PK

No comments:

Post a Comment