Friday 23 March 2018

Love



To me, love always meant to be in sync...
But maybe it's not what you think...
Maybe the beauty of it lies in the unpredictability...
Maybe if you got what you wanted it wouldn't feel like a dream mixed with reality...
I thought the key was coordination...
Then why the lack of it didn't lessen the attraction...

It was during the break between the lectures...
When our paths crossed and we almost collided with each other...
It was in that moment of confusion whether to step right or left...
Did I look up and our eyes met...
I realized then that it was chaos that created moments like these...
Without it, we would be like the parallel lines that never meet...

Finally, you smiled and stepped aside...
I blushed and walked past you, taking long strides...
It is where it all started; the step off the cliff...
But the truth be told we are no more in sync than we were to begin with...
And yet I love you with all my heart and soul...
Maybe love doesn't comply and can't be told...

What matters is the smile that you bring to my lips...
The way that my heart swells everytime we kiss...
It's about the way you wipe my tears...
It's about the feeling of safety and being at home when you are near...
So what I'm trying to say is that love isn't a straight jacket formula that fits all...
It's magic lies in the unknown and that's why its called a fall...

© PK

(Image source: https://www.pinterest.es/pin/441141725978245648/)

No comments:

Post a Comment